Image Map

Saturday, August 31, 2013

yays! of the week


Saturdays are the best.

They're the end of the week.  There's one more day in the weekend after them.  They are known for their fun, outgoing lifestyle.  Saturdays rock. 

As a way to celebrate the week, I figure I will do a 'yay!' post where I talk about me, myself, and I- well, mostly the good things that happened this week.


Yay! Hot yoga!

I have heard a ton about hot yoga- people either love it or hate it.   There seems to be no middle ground.  One of my very best friends in the whole wide world told me she got a deal at a place about 10 minutes from my mom's house- 10 classes for $10.  She asked if I wanted to try with her, and curious, I figured- why the hell not?  I went with her on Tuesday night and we got our asses in that blazing hot room and contorted our bodies into pretzel positions that are "good for you" somehow and it was awesome.  We did a simple class meant for "relaxation" and I left sweaty as hell- but somehow, relaxed.  There is a very distinct sweaty smell that used to follow sparring classes at tae kwon do that just have their own special stench and I'm pretty sure I smelled like that after hot yoga.
Verdict: awesome.


Yay! Free Starbucks!

Lame, but it's the simple things, right?  I'm one of the obsessed frequent customers at Starbucks, and therefore I hold my very own gold Starbucks card with my name on it.  (Not my whole name.  I'm not an Alexandra by personality.)  Peppermint has been slowly been making its way back into my life.  I have never denied the fact that I am a total peppermint junkie for the last third of the year, as well as the first eighth of the year.  Grande Peppermint Mocha Frappucino was on the house this time.  Thanks, Starbucks, for recognizing your truly loyal caffeine freaks, and giving them free drinks every 1/12 visits.

Yay! Jour 214!

Part of the journalism major at my school (and any other school, I would think) is being on the newspaper staff for at least a year.  I've been waitlisted for Journalism 214 (The first newspaper staff class available) all stinking summer, and I finally woke up one morning to a text message notification that a spot had opened up for me.  The sooner I get this class done, the sooner I can apply for the major, and be done with school.  Ahhh!  Western Front, I'm coming for you.

Yay! Non-cracked computer screen!

This is a little bit of a cheat since this happened last week but it continues to affect my life in a very positive way.  I made the silly mistake of bringing my Macbook Pro camping with me in Osoyoos.  (Actually, someone told me to bring it, but pointing fingers is wrong.)  I left it in a 'safe' spot in the trailer- which ended up not being safe because when I went to use it after a week there was a nice big half-heart shaped crack in the screen.  I cried a little inside because I bought this computer with my graduation money 2 years ago (my dad helped me out quite a bit as well, because he didn't want me to just get the cheapest mac that I could afford- If I was going to splurge, I was going to get the best computer I could get).  I took it into the apple store expecting a $300+ fix, but the guy working there- technician? I don't know what to call him- told me that he would be able to fix it for free because he didn't see any "point of impact"- AKA, he didn't think I dropped it.  I did my very best happy squeal because that was $300 that I really didn't have.  I picked it up the next day, crack-free and cost-free.  My beautiful computer is now in a pretty blue hardshell case at all times and in a neoprene case when I'm lugging it around anywhere.

Yay! September!

I am having a little bit of an internal panic attack over the fact that tomorrow is September goddamnit. I realized when I woke up this morning that today was August 31st- but it didn't occur to me until I saw someone's facebook status about "holy shit tomorrow is September" that HOLY SHIT TOMORROW IS SEPTEMBER.
That means many things.  That means that I can say "next month is my birthday!" (yes, the entire month).  That means salted caramel mochas.  That means that the weather is going to start changing even more drastically.  That means school is going to start (uuuuuuuuuuugh but yay at the same time- I like having a schedule).
This summer has been awesome in so many aspects.  I'm looking forward to fall and its crispiness and the beauty of Bellingham when the leaves turn over- but I'm not sure I'm ready to say goodbye to summer just yet.
August, I'm breaking up with you.


What have been your "yays" this week?


No comments:

Post a Comment