Image Map

Saturday, July 5, 2014

SUMMER

I'm not sure where it started, but all my life I've heard that summer doesn't officially start in Washington until the 4th of July. This is a reference to the weather, I suppose; normally, June is still pretty dreary with the occasional hot day, and July is when the weather starts to heat up. Well, this year is an exception. Yesterday we celebrated the fourth by barbecuing on our deck while it was raining outside. Today is pretty grey and dreary. It rained on my way to Starbucks this morning. How Washington is that?

No matter the weather, summer is in full swing. I've officially started my summer class (I'm a reporter for our campus newspaper, The Western Front) and although it's only been two weeks I'm already ready for it to be over. Luckily it's only a six-week course, so I'm almost halfway done. Weird.

Here's a short update of what I've been up to since the end of the school year.





I suppose this is kind of cheating since it was before the school year ended, but I participated in my first 5K!

Cuddling with this adorable little man.

Making some delicious cold-brew coffee.

Trying to actually cook a meal for myself that isn't just a box of macaroni and cheese.

Hanging out with this beautiful girl (who has entered the blog world! Hello, Paige!) 

Hanging out at Bellingham Bells games. It was $2 Tuesday, which meant cheap beer and that I would be driving.

Here's my face! I exist. 

Saying hi to this cute little bunny at Lake Padden on a gorgeous day with my little sister Riley and Paige.

Getting ready for Canada Day with this cutie.

Grabbing some Boomer's before seeing The Fault in Our Stars with Riley. I was happy to host her for the weekend. 

Enjoying this view, which I will never, ever, ever get tired of.

Celebrating the 4th of July with some excellent people.
That's about it so far! I'm sure I'll update all three of my regular readers shortly.

xoxo,











 — FOLLOW ME! —

No comments:

Post a Comment