Image Map

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

10 SONGS I CAN'T STOP LISTENING TO

Hi, friends.

It's 11:16 p.m. and I'm home alone and I've finished my work for the day, so basically I'm lying in bed, listening to music and casually browsing the interwebs (as per usual) so I thought, why not make a blog post?

I've done a few "favorite songs" playlists, but it's been a while since I've done one, so I figured I'd do one again.

Basically, here's 10 songs I've had on repeat for the past few weeks.

1. Matilda | alt-j 
I heard this out of the blue on Spotify radio and I haven't been able to stop listening to it. It's been stuck in my head for the past few days, and so far I'm not sick of it.

2. papaoutai | Stromae
My beautiful roommate Paige listens to French music as she studies and sends me weird songs she thinks I'll like. This is one of them.

3. Alexandra | Hamilton Leithauser
"I don't think back, I don't need to / But I'm always thinking of you, Alexandra"
Umm, helloooooo, they're literally singing my own name into my ears over and over. Thanks, Hamilton!

4. Crown On The Ground | Sleigh Bells
Makes me feel like I should be off somewhere causing trouble.

5. Take Me to Church | Hozier 
I've been listening to this for a few weeks, but I just watched the haunting music video for the first time. God damn.

6. San Francisco | The Mowgli's
Just a random, happy, driving-in-the-summer song.

7. Wait | M83
I first heard this in the end credits of The Fault in Our Stars movie. So good. Now, it makes me wanna cry because of the emotional trauma that movie causes.

8. Matches | Koji
Another good driving song, but more of a "I'm in my car alone and want to sing along" way.

9. Sun | Two Door Cinema Club
The chorus of this song is so catchy! This is another song that gets stuck in my head really easily.

10. Twin Size Mattress | The Front Bottoms
"With tears in my eyes, I begged you to stay / You said, 'Hey man, I love you, but no fucking way.'"
Angry music. So good.






What are you listening to? I want to know. Help me find new music, plz.

xoxo,

2 comments: