Image Map

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

want-right-now wednesday

First of all, my last post- fat and sassy, which recounts my journey with body positivity- quickly became my most popular post with over 300 views in a day.  Thanks to everyone who read it and shared it with their friends and family... it's because of you guys that it's become so much easier to love myself and make sharing my story worthwhile.


Now, because of that body positivity I talked about in said post, I've also gained a sense of style (I think?) and learned what I like to dress myself in.  I've also talked about how excited I am for fall and the fashion it brings.  Or, as Nathan and I like to call it, FASHUN.

Our friendship in a nutshell.

Clothes are pretty and all, and I always want more, but unfortunately they are also expensive.  If I had an unlimited amount of money, my pinterest closet would be real, but for now all I can do is go to my favorite websites and recklessly pin and pretend that I am the model in the picture werking it in those beautiful, beautiful clothes.  

So, without further adieu, here are some more pretty clothes that I've been lusting after.  A sequel to "Want Right Now: Forever 21" edition. 


From left to right:

I'm totally late on the peplum trend.  I used to think "you have to have a certain type of body" to wear peplum, but fuck that shit.  If I want to wear something that flares out at the biggest part of me, I will.  I actually tried this top on a few weeks ago when I had a major Torrid haul thanks to my wonderful mommy, and I wasn't sure if I wanted it or not, so I didn't get it.  I now regret that.  

I know you can't see it in the silly little graphic I made, but those little buttons are pyramidal studs, and I'm all about those lately.  At first they seemed totally weird to me- but now I have a few items in my closet with them and they're easily my favorite.  I can't help but to love those babies.  They make everything they're on just a little more badass.  All about that. 

With cold weather approaching, a peacoat is absolutely perfect.  Most days in Bellingham are usually just... crisp, not overly cold, so a peacoat is fine for walking around but whenever you get to your destination (AKA, class, or the library, etc) you'll want to take it off.  I already own a jacket similar to this one but it's a couple years old and starting to fall apart because it was pretty cheap.  That calls for a new one.. amirite?


Three little words. Words every woman wants to hear. IT'S ON SALE. Also, aaaaaadorable.  Do want. On my body. Now.

I used to have a problem with wearing out the left elbow of everything I wore.  No idea how it happened, but it did.  Elbow patches are a handy solution for this, as well as super cute because they're hearts!  From the front, it'll just look like it a plain black sweater.  Alas, party in the back.  Hearts on the elbows.  It doesn't get much better than that.

Denim vest with a hoodie built in. I'm sold.

More peplum! And sleeves!  I would totally pair this with some olive or burgundy jeans and combat boots to make it a little less girly.  


Any "want now" post I ever make will probably include Forever 21 usually because their clothes are the "trendiest" and cutest.  I also work there.  #shamelessplug 

Another "fat people shouldn't" rule that I'm gladly becoming more comfortable with breaking is the whole colored skinny jeans fiasco.  I'll stick to the darker neutrals, at least for now- and burgundy/wine skinny jeans are something I've wanted for a while.  Again, perfect for fall, and burgundy can be paired with pretty much any color.

I don't really know why I want this.  I just do.  

Galaxy print is super duper popular these days, and for good reason.  Hipsters were at first rejoicing but now probably crying because literally everyone and their mother wants something with the galaxy on it.  (or at least I think they do).  This skirt speaks for itself.  Maybe it's just the doctor who fan in me wanting this like no other.

This baby is (light) olive and has some conical studs.  It couldn't be more Allie if it tried.

I had a pair of olive pants.  I wore them so much that they ripped in the seam.  I cried and cried and cried.  Not really.  I need a new pair in my life ASAP and these totally fit the part.  

Born in the 90's and living in one of the most hipster towns in Washington, I feel like everyone needs a flannel shirt, and I'm seriously lacking by only owning one.  


So, yeah.  If anyone has any overwhelming urges to buy me these, hit me up, and I'll gladly help you out. Kidding! But not really.



No comments:

Post a Comment