Image Map

Monday, October 21, 2013

case of the mondays

Oh, Monday. I loathe you and love you at the same time.

On one hand- you are the beginning of a new week! A new, glorious week! So many potential successes are to be had.

On the other- you are the end of a weekend.  A glorious, glorious three day weekend (which I have every week- not to brag or anything).

This week has been crazy but I'm starting to say that about every week. Unless I'm posting more than once a week, assume that I am busy- not that I've forgotten about this blog.  I'm still learning how to balance school, work, and a social life, let alone keeping up with shortforalexandra.

I've got a love/hate relationship with craziness (kind of like mondays).  I like being busy because time goes by fast.  When you have more to do, time seems to go by a lot quicker.  I'd rather have too much to do than be bored most of the time.  However, business can lead to a lot of stress... I swear, my teachers all conspired together and had shit due on the same day.  It was an awful day and I could count the hours of sleep I had on one hand.

Halloween is getting closer, so hopefully this weekend will be a good way to kick back and forget about all the stresses of every day life.

Goods and bads of this week:
  • Good: My 20th birthday is on Sunday! It is also my roommate, Erica's birthday on the same day and she happens to be turning 21. Super excited for her! 
  • Good: I'm working on another story for The Western Front right now and I'm super pumped about it.  
  • Good: My first story was published!
  • Bad: I feel like I'm behind in one of my classes. I hate that feeling...
  • Bad: Tomorrow is 9 months since my dad passed away.  Good: I feel like I've got a lot stronger throughout his death, and really found peace with it all.
  • Good: I've been so, so happy with everything. My major, my friends, my family... everything is falling into place.  

Here's what I've been up to:

FITTING A BIKE IN MY CAR.  

Continuing to gawk at the sunset off my back deck. 

Adoring the foggy Bellingham days.

Got a new computer- a shiny new 15" retina display Macbook Pro (which I am using to write this post!) and not realizing how thin it is! Mac went on Jenny Craig.

Editing my second photojournalism project.  I signed up for the Adobe Creative Cloud- an awesome deal for $20/mo!

GETTING REALLY, REALLY EXCITED ABOUT PUMPKINS.

SHOOTING CORN. 


I just really, really love leaves. (and my new tattoo. aaah!)

Falling in love with my other new tattoo. 


Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment