Image Map

Thursday, March 27, 2014

My first Influenster box! - Colgate Optic White Review

Not too long ago, I signed up for a website called Influenster.

The concept is simple: Turn your social influence into rewards. I figured, I have a blog, a twitter, a pinterest, a Facebook and all that yadda yadda yadda and even if they're not read by many I'll try it out.

When you sign up, you take a survey asking what age you are, your interests, education and products you've bought recently among other things.  They then send you boxes with products in them for free, and all you have to do is use the product and tweet/post/blog about it. The more you do, the more you receive, or at least I'm guessing.

Within a few weeks, I received an email from Influenster saying I was selected to receive the Colgate Optic White Voxbox. Uhh, what?

The rest is history.


A few weeks later, I received my Optic White Voxbox. The box itself was covered in Colgate logos, so I knew within seconds that it was my Voxbox.




Inside the box was a Colgate Optic White toothbrush + built in whitening pen, a small tube of Optic White toothpaste, some coupons and a card introducing the product and what you do with it. The retail value of the pen alone is $12.99, so I was pretty stoked to get it for free.

To use the product, you brush your teeth as normal with the brush and toothpaste provided for you. Those were fine, although I'm privy to electric toothbrushes because I feel like they clean better. After you brush your teeth, you take the pen out of the bottom of the toothbrush (super handy!), click the bottom a few times, and a whitening gel will come out from the top. Do this twice a day, and in two weeks you should see visible whitening.

And I didn't.

What I liked about this product was that it made whitening your teeth SUPER easy and convenient. It was a lot more pleasant than the whitening strips that dissolve and leave a weird taste in your mouth, but the gel was really goopy and I feel like it didn't stay on my teeth for long.  I didn't notice my teeth getting any whiter, either; I feel like this can be attributed to the gel that likes to wander away. From now on, I'll stick to the unpleasant whitening strips.

What's next for me and Voxbox? Well, before I wrote this post I got another email saying that my Uni Voxbox is on its way to me! I guess tweeting and Instagramming a photo was good enough because now I'm getting more free shit! Who doesn't love free shit?

Sorry for the lack of updating my blog, but a product review is better than nothing... right?


No comments:

Post a Comment