Image Map

Friday, July 19, 2013

{ vacation bucket list: verdict }

A day less than a month ago, I wrote a post called Vacation To-Do List, in which I wrote-DRUM ROLL- a Vacation To-Do List.  Now, this was about a week or two before our trip to Europe.

I tried writing a post that had every place we went to and what it was like, but we honestly went to too many places and I would ramble on about them all but eventually every description started to sound the same.  Plus, I have an avid 0 readers of this blog, so I didn't see why I was putting in so much effort.

All in all, the trip was amazing.  I could not have asked for a better way to spend a good chunk of my summer.

My favourite place was London, for sure.  I've been looking forward to going to London since I was little- I don't know what fascinates me about it so much.  Maybe it's the fact that 9/10 things I like are from there.  Accents, Doctor Who, the Beatles, etc.  Emphasis on the accents. Swoooooon. 
Santorini, Greece was a super close second.  The atmosphere was so peaceful and chill in Oia, a tiny little town on the island which was home to hundreds of the white houses with blue roofs that people think of when they think of Greece.

Instead of the millions of words that no one probably wants to read, I figured I would revisit the trip by seeing what I did and didn't cross off from my bucket list.

Bold indicates I did it!

1.  Visit the Colosseum 
didn't get a chance to visit- only had one full day in Rome, which was filled with the Vatican and then a tour of Rome at night, but we drove past the Colosseum. Does that count? 
2.  Make a wish at the Trevi Fountain

3.  Become an Italian pop star a la Lizzie McGuire (kidding! but that would be pretty cool).
4.  See the white buildings of Santorini, Greece

5.  Visit Pompeii



6.  Try authentic Italian pizza

apparently, in Italy, they serve their pizza with fries. weird.


7.  Order a glass of wine in Italy



8.  Take a water taxi in Venice



9.  Visit the London Eye, and actually go on it (I'm absolutely terrified of Ferris wheels)




10.  Eat fish & chips in England

fish and chips will never ever taste as good as they do in england.

11.  Trafalgar Square
We passed it on the bus tour- didn't get to stop and look around!

12.  Find a BLUE PHONE BOX! 

I have found my TARDIS.  Unfortunately, the Doctor didn't pop out.  


13.  Do something silly in front of the guards with the hats in London. You know, the ones that don't smile. (Extra credit if they do smile.)
14.  Italian espresso!
15.  Order a beer in London


16.  Snap Matt Smith's suspenders. (Just kidding. But not really.)

17.  Gelato!


I probably had too much gelato. Oh well, it's not like every day you go to Italy.



Okay, that's it for the Vacation To-Do list.  I got most things done- others, well, I'll just have to go back. 

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment